Social Security Strategies
It’s one of the most important retirement decisions you’ll ever make…
Individuals and couples approaching retirement often overlook the importance of having a well-considered Social Security claiming strategy. Few financial decisions are more far-reaching and irrevocable than when to file for Social Security retirement benefits. Compounding matters, there is no “one size fits all” approach. The Social Security rules are extraordinarily complex in creating a multitude of claiming options that retirees must successfully navigate to get the most out of the system. The potential impact of a claiming strategy can greatly affect not only you, but your spouse and survivors. Moreover, the Social Security Administration is under no obligation and not in the business of financial advice and coordination among strategies - they are tasked in providing rules information and processing claims.
It’s an area where a professional analysis of your Social Security options is a key aspect of comprehensive retirement planning. With a focus on helping clients understand which options work best for them, we aim to give you peace of mind in utilizing the most effective filing strategy to optimize your lifetime benefits.
We do so by…
· Examining the financial issues particular to your circumstance to help maximize benefits.
· Comparing methods of filing and illustrating the various ramifications of different timing strategies.
· Avoiding common mistakes that can leave thousands of dollars of benefits on the table.
· Considering tax implications in order to maximize total retirement income.
· Leveraging the rules to get the most out of spousal, divorce, child, and survivor benefits.
· Providing a personalized report analyzing hundreds of scenarios with clear dates and filing recommendations.
Regardless of where you sit on the retirement spectrum, proactive planning in understanding the short and long-term effects of your Social Security choices is critical.